“Ethical sourcing, environmental stewardship and community involvement” – the Derrimon Motto describes succinctly the three hallmarks of how Derrimon does business.
We are committed to doing business responsibly and conducting ourselves in ways that earn the trust and respect of our customers, partners and neighbours.
As a result of our ethical and transparent business operations over the years, Derrimon Trading Co. Limited has earned the prestigious designation of Authorized Economic Operator from the Jamaica Customs Department. This designation is a World Customs Organization (WCO) system designed to encourage compliance by certifying all relevant personnel within the import and export chain.
We are committed to distributing high-quality, ethically manufactured products. Our customers expect this of us and so we have developed strong, long-term relationships with companies across the world to ensure we always deliver on this goal.
The welfare of our planet is tremendously important and that is why Derrimon respects the earth in its practices and encourage its partners to do the same.
Our employees and customers share our commitment to maintaining a clean and healthy environment. We are also relentlessly working to significantly reduce our carbon footprint through energy and water conservation practices, recycling and by utilising green construction methods in our building programs.
At Derrimon, we believe that the communities that surround our operations are parts of our natural environment and worthy of our commitment. Consequently, we are committed to contributing to the sustainable development and the continuous improvement of everyone living within these communities.
Bringing people together, inspiring change and encouraging individuals become their own best selves are central to our good neighbour philosophy.
Some of our philanthropic projects include:
- Sponsorship of the Rodwood Football Club of Waterford, St. Catherine. A project aimed at keeping children off the streets.
- Sponsorship of the Majestic Gardens Basket Ball Team – The Majestic Legends. They were finalists in the 2009 -2010 National Basketball League Season.
- The Derrimon Trading University Programme. This programme provides university scholarships to Derrimon staff, students in Majestic Gardens and members of Rodwood Football Club.
- Sponsorship of the Self Reliance Youth Organization. This programme offers mentorship, academic support (extra-lessons) and financial support to over 30 high school students from less fortunate families.
- Sponsorship of beautification project of approximately ½ mile of major roadway in Kingston.
- Annual Christmas and back to school treats for the children and elderly in neighbouring communities.